How to Register, Activate & Login UAN Member Portal
In this article we will describe about How to Register, Activate & Login UAN Member Portal. Universal Account Number (UAN) is a unique 12-digit number given to every employee registered under the Employees Provident Fund scheme. UAN unifies all the PF accounts of one employee and simplifies many processes. It also helps to reduce the employee’s dependency on the employer for making withdrawals from the PF account, and helps authorities curb defaulters. After receiving the UAN, you have to activate it.
What are the benefits of activating UAN and registering on the UAN member portal?
Activating UAN and registering on the member portal helps you benefit from lots of online facilities like the following:
- Check PF status.
- Download PF passbook.
- Update or correct KYC information.
- Track status of claim for withdrawal.
- Check UAN status if you haven’t received UAN as yet.
How to activate UAN and register on the UAN member portal?
Follow these steps –
- Log onto the EPFO website.
- Click on ‘Activate UAN‘ under ‘Important Links‘.
- Now you will have to fill up a form.
- You can activate UAN by entering either of these four details –
- EPF member ID
- You will also have to fill in your name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id.
- Make sure that you enter your permanent mobile number as this number will be needed to reset your password in case you forget it.
- Enter the captcha.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin‘.
- A pin number will be sent to your mobile number.
- Enter the pin and submit the form.
- On submitting the form, your name, date of birth, and employer details will be displayed. Verify them, and then create a password.
- The password should be alphanumeric, having a minimum of 1 special character, and 8-25 characters long. (Special characters are [email protected]#$%^&*().)
- Ensure that you set a password that you can remember. It will be required to login on the member portal.
- Enter your email address, and then submit it.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to your mobile number.
How to login on the UAN member portal?
Once you have activated UAN and set a password, you can now login on the UAN member portal by following these steps:
- Log onto the EPFO website.
- On the right-hand side, you will find the option for signing in.
- Enter your UAN, password, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Sign in‘.
- In case you forget your password, click on ‘Forgot your password‘. You can now reset your password using an OTP sent to your mobile number.
UAN member portal dashboard.
After you have logged in, you will reach your UAN dashboard. You will have the following options available:
- Download EPF passbook
- Download UAN card
Under Previous Member-IDs:
- List Previous Member IDs
- View Status
Under Transfer Claim:
- File Transfer Claim
- View Transfer Claim Status
- System Generated Transfer Claim Status
- Edit Mobile Number
- Edit Email Id
- Update KYC Information
- Change Password
- Edit Personal Details
Under Contact Us:
- Helpdesk Email
- Helpdesk Number
So activate your UAN and register on the member portal as soon as possible to avail the numerous facilities offered.