This article discusses EPF, UAN, PF & EPF balance check, EPF Balance Enquiry, EPF status check etc.
What is EPF or PF?
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement saving scheme overseen by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
- This scheme is available for all salaried employees. It is mandatory for all companies with over 20 employees to register with the EPFO.
How does EPF saving work?
- Every month 12% of your salary goes to your EPF account.
- Also, every month, your employer has to contribute an equal 12% of your salary. Out of the employer’s contributed 12%, 8.33% goes towards pension, and 3.67% goes to your EPF account.
- This saving in your EPF account earns an interest of 8% – 12%. The rate of interest is determined by the government and a board of trustees. The current rate of interest is 8.65%.
- This leads to a substantial saving that you can utilize upon retirement.
What is UAN?
- Every employee registered for EPF is given a unique 12-digit number called Universal Account Number (UAN).
- With the introduction of UAN, all processes related to EPF have become simplified.
- When changing jobs, you don’t have to maintain separate EPF accounts. They are unified and treated as one under UAN.
- Once you receive your UAN, you have to activate it online. If it is not active follow the steps given on https://askqueries.com/uan-register-activate-login/
6 ways to Check EPF Balance Enquiry
PF is a significant saving, hence it is recommended to check and find out your balance regularly. You can do this in a number of ways.
1. Check EPF Balance Enquiry using UAN by downloading EPF passbook.
After activating your UAN, you can check your balance by downloading your EPF passbook. This passbook is similar to a bank passbook and shows all deposits and withdrawals (if any).
- Log on to the EPFO website ( http://220.127.116.11:9098/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp ).
- Fill in your UAN and member portal password. (You must be registered on the member portal to use this facility.)
- Click on ‘Login‘.
- You can now view your EPF passbook.
- It will show the following details – your monthly PF contribution, your employer’s monthly PF contribution, your employer’s monthly contribution towards your pension scheme, withdrawals (if any), and your latest EPF balance.
2. Check EPF Balance using UAN by getting regular SMS.
- Activate UAN from the EPFO website.
- Once it is activated, you will receive a monthly SMS regarding your contribution and your EPF balance.
- Remember that it may take 45 days after activation to receive the first SMS.
3. Check EPF Balance by giving a missed call.
- Give a missed call on 011 – 22901406 from your registered mobile number.
- You will receive an SMS with details of your last contribution and EPF balance, as well as your date of birth, UAN, and KYC status.
4. Check EPF balance by EPFOHO SMS.
- Send an SMS to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number.
- The format of the message should be EPFOHO UAN <ENG> (for receiving the message in English).
- You can receive the message in 10 different languages – English (ENG), Hindi (HIN), Telugu (TEL), Punjabi (PUN), Gujarati (GUJ), Marathi (MAR), Malayalam (MAL), Tamil (TAM), Kannada (KAN), and Bengali (BEN).
- After you send the message, you will receive an SMS with your EPF balance details.
5. EPF Balance Enquiry by PF number.
- Go to EPFO website: http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php.
- In the bottom, you will see: Click here to Know Your PF Balance.
- Click on that link to go to EPFO website.
- Select your state.
- Select your establishment code.
- Enter your PF account number, name, and mobile number.
- Select the ‘I Agree‘ checkbox.
- Click on ‘Submit‘.
6. Check EPF balance using the mobile app.
- Download the EPF mobile app from the EPFO website or from Google Play Store.
- You can check the balance on the app by entering your UAN and registered mobile number.
- You have to have activated your UAN before checking the balance on the app. However, you can activate it on the app itself.
Use whichever of these ways suits you best, and stay up to date regarding all your EPF details.
April 15, 2017 9:42 pm
My all details are wrong in my uan no. so please tell me how to change it.
April 24, 2017 8:24 am
Please check this article
April 15, 2017 9:43 pm
Tell me about all this thing.
April 24, 2017 8:23 am
Hi Lalita did you follow these steps?
May 16, 2017 10:27 pm
May 23, 2017 11:18 am
What is your query Vishnu?
May 29, 2017 4:32 pm
did you get the pf balance..
I am trying but unable to
May 30, 2017 4:36 pm
I am getting this Error Code- ” Error Code FO0001=6550″ after I clicking the view passbook option,
Can you pls let me know what does it mean?
June 27, 2017 10:23 pm
Can you please check now. Maybe server issue at that time.
June 14, 2017 12:08 pm
Which is the correct link to check pf balance
June 15, 2017 6:04 pm
kindly help how to download passbook
June 27, 2017 10:15 pm
Please check this https://askqueries.com/download-uan-epf-passbook/
June 15, 2017 8:22 pm
Hi it will be grateful if any one can suggest on my issue actually my no. is already registered on the portal by my previous company (which I left now ). I want the same no. to be registered now but with different UAN no. ,So what should ???
June 27, 2017 10:15 pm
This is not possible. Every company will have different EPF account
June 23, 2017 5:06 pm
my pf balance is not deposited yetmy uan number is 100125739857
June 27, 2017 10:05 pm
For that please contact HR of your company.
July 24, 2017 9:53 pm
How to link aadher card online
July 26, 2017 5:29 pm
Please check : https://askqueries.com/link-aadhaar-pan-card/
July 26, 2017 12:53 pm
How to chcek pf account balance through using PF number
July 27, 2017 10:47 pm
I can,t make new password if i create password [email protected] ya kuch bhi to wo galt btata h plz mujhe example dije password kesa hona chahye
January 4, 2018 7:33 pm
i dont have the reg mobile number, only i have UAN. number, then how i can check my balance?
January 21, 2018 6:13 pm
Dear EPF team my balance check
With of number….