Major Problems Due To Incorrect Name In EPF
Because of Incorrect Name EPF Members are facings lots of problems like,
- Rejection of Online claim form at the time of PF withdrawal.
- Detecting error at the time of Online PF transfer.
- Given below are some of the errors that could lead to a claim rejection of EPF:
- Any misspelled or wrong entry of data in the EPF’s record during enrolment can result in rejection of a claim from EPF.
- Nominee details are very important and should updated when the member gets married as it may lead to hassles during an EPF claim.
- Date of joining is also another data that if wrongly recorded could lead to a lot of issues in the EPF processes.
Rules Of EPF Name Change
If you want to change your name In your EPF Account so for that it requires you and your Employer to give a joint application form for name correction.because your name has provided by your employer to the Provident and fund Organization.
For that you have to submit some Documentations Given Below.
Documents Required In Name Change Process
You are required to attach one of the document listed below In your Name Change Process as a Identity Proof-
- PAN card Or
- Passports Or
- Voters ID card Or
- Driver’s license Or
- Aadhaar card Or
- Bank or post office passbooks Or
- BESIC ID card Or
- Certificates related to schools and education Or
- Copy of a phone or electricity or a water bill that has your name on it Or
- Birth Or Death Certificates Issued by the registrar Or
- Certificate on the records of government service Or
- Letter given by a recognized public Authority can also used as proof.
EPF Account Online-Can You Change Name?
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) allows its users to make changes but with restriction. you can change your mobile number, email Id online.even you can check your balance,transfer your PF. But make change in Employee Name and Date of birth is still not possible because of the security reason .
In order to make changes online, EPFO introduce the EPFO UAN portal. To access your EPF account through EPFO website, you are require to have a UAN number, your mobile number, and password. UAN is a 12-digit unique number is allot to employees contributing to EPF. The UAN remains the same throughout the career of an employee.
Filling Application Form Offline
Changing the Name Offline is a very easy step to do.The following steps need to follow if you want to change your name in the EPF account Offline:
- Fill in the requisite form with all the required details.
- Sign the duly filled form.
- Obtain signature and seal from your employer in the form.
- Attach a self-attested copy of any of the documents mentioned above.
- Submit the form along with the documents to your employer.
- At last ,The application is then send to the concern EPFO Field Office by your employer.
The Application form for changing Name given below-
EPF Name Change Form ( Image link )
This form is used when you want to do Name Correction and this is just like a letter. below are the format of form filling please read carefully.
- Address the letter to the Regional P F Commissioner.
- give the subject in the letter as “Joint declaration by the member and the employer.”
- also mention that you are or were an employee and the details is wrong and this letter written is to request for corrections .
- In a table with 3 columns enter the detail that needs to be change, the correct entry and the wrong entry that has made. by using this form you can do the correction for the following errors listed-
- Your name,father or the husband name is missspelled
- In PF or EPS account numbers the error can occor
- Date of birth
- Date of joining an organisation and
- At the last Errors in date of leaving and organisation
- All the columns will mention on the form and you will have to fill the ones where the information recorded needs to be correct.
- Once the form filled, you can mention the documents that you are going to provide as proof of the changes you are requesting for.
- As far as attesting the form is concerned:
- You will need to affix your name to the form and sign it.
- You will also have to enter the name of the authorized signatory from your previous organisation.
- The authorized signatory will also have to sign the application form and affix the company seal on the form.
So,I hope this article will help you to do correction in your EPF Account for more details please go to the Official site of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Press star on top to bookmark this page, and comment below if you have any questions.
[bctt tweet=”How to Change Name in EPF” username=”via ask_queries”]