This article explains the step by step process to close Punjab National Bank account by visiting the bank branch. As of now, you cannot do it online. It also covers account closure charges.
How to close Punjab National Bank account?
To close your PNB savings or current account, please follow the given steps:
- Go to your nearest PNB branch and ask for an account closure form.
- Fill up the account closure form.
- That will include details like account number, account holder’s name, customer ID, mobile number, reason for closing account, how you want to receive the balance amount, and signature.
- You can choose to receive the balance amount in either of these ways – cash, cheque, demand draft, fund transfer to another PNB account, or fund transfer to an account in another bank.
- Submit the duly filled account closure form at the PNB home branch.
- Along with the form, you have to submit the passbook, cheque book, and debit card of the account.
- You also have to submit a copy of your ID and address proof.
- After the bank processes the application, you will receive the balance amount in whichever way you have selected.
Alternatively, you can directly go to the home branch with all the required documents, get the form, fill it up, and submit it.
- If your account balance is less than the minimum balance requirement, but above zero, you will get the amount.
- However, if your account balance is in negative, you have to pay the non-maintenance fine.
- If you have availed any PNB facility linked to that PNB account, you have to close it first before closing the account.
Punjab National Bank account closure charges:
|Charges for non-individuals
|Charges for individual customers of semi-urban, urban, and metro branches
|Charges for individual customers of rural branches, senior citizens, and pensioners
|Closing recurring deposit account within 1 year of opening
|Closing SF account within 1 year of opening
|Closing current account within 1 year of opening
Note – In case of death of customer, no charges are levied.