Have you ever tried to open an account in a bank? Well, there are a lot of account types when it comes to opening an account in any bank. But we are not going to talk about all the banks here; we are going to focus on opening an HDFC bank account. Before we get to how to open a bank account, let us first talk about the types of account a person can open in the HDFC bank.
How to Open HDFC Bank Account – Types of Bank Accounts
To begin with, the following are the types of accounts you can open in the HDFC bank:
Regular Salary Account
- Min Balance Required : 0 (Nil)
- This is an account for those who get their regular monthly salary in it.
- INR 6 lakh free Personal Accidental Death Cover and a free Rs.30 lakhs Air Accidental Death Cover.
- No debit card annual charges while opening an HDFC bank account.
- Free Demand Drafts.
- Personal Account Manager to serve you.
- A deposit account for a person running a business and for professionals.
- Unlimited transactions a day.
- Minimum Balance Required – Rs. 10,000.
- Many types of Current account are available, like:
- ULTIMA Current Account
- Supreme Current Account
- Apex Current Account
- EZEE Current Account
- Max Current Account
- Agri Current Account
- Plus Current Account
- Current Account for Hospitals & Nursing Homes
- Trade Current Account
- Current Account for Professionals
- Premium Current Account
- Merchant Advantage Plus Current Account
- Regular Current Account
- Merchant Advantage Current Account
- Flexi Current Account
- Institutional Current Account
- Smart Up solution for Start Ups
- Ascent Current Account
- Also called the Rural Savings Account.
- Initial Balance required Rs.0.
- Mostly for the farmers in India
- Multiple benefits added with this account.
- Retired Pensioners Bank Account
- Initial Balance of Rs.0 Required.
- The most common type of bank account.
- Many types under this account:
- SavingsMax Account
- Regular Savings Account
- Women’s Savings Account
- Kids Advantage Account
- Senior Citizens Account
- Family Savings Group Account
- Savings Farmers Account
- Institutional Savings Account
- Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- BSBDA Small Account – A free savings account that has a free ATM card as well.
- Minimum Balance Required has been given in the table below, but for a normal Savings Account:
- Urban Area Account – Rs. 10,000.
- Semi-Urban Area Account – Rs. 5000.
- Rural Area Account – Rs. 2500/ a total of Rs.10,000 for one year.
- The Debit Card annual Fees with this account has been displayed in the table below, but the basic account has a fee of Rs. 150.
Documents Required while Opening an HDFC Bank Account
- Copy of PAN card or form 15H if you don’t have PAN card.
- Identity Proof – Adhaar Card or Driving Licence or Voter ID.
- Address Proof – Electricity bill or Phone bill (not more than 2 months old) or Rashan Card or Driver Licence.
Now that you know which type of bank accounts you can open, do you know the documents needed to open one? Well, without any ID proof and some other little documents to prove everything about you and that you are you; you cannot open a back account. Moreover, the main documents required for opening an HDFC bank account are:
- You would need the copy of your Pan Card copy. If you do not own one, you will have to submit Form 15H. This is a must for any type of account that you are planning to open with the HDFC bank.
- Next is the Identity Proof. In this, you can give your Pan Card copy, the Driving License, a Valid Passport, or a Voter ID copy. Any two IDs’ copies are required. The copy should have the main pages photocopy in it, while the customer would have to show the original one at least once at the bank in case any issue comes up.
- While opening an HDFC Bank Account, you would also have to provide an address proof. You can give the copy of an electricity bill, or a phone bill (Not more than two months old for both). You can also provide the bank with the driving license, the passport, or the ration card copy.
HDFC Minimum Balance Criteria
|Savings Account Scheme||Minimum Balance Requirement|
|Regular Savings Account||Rs. 10,000 (Metro / Urban branches)
Rs. 5, 000 (Semi-Urban)
|Kid’s Advantage Account||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Senior Citizens Account||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Regular Salary Account||Rs 0|
|Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account||N/A|
HDFC Fees and Charges for Different type of accounts.
|Savings Account Scheme||Standing Instructions||Passbook issuance||Debit Card (annual fee)|
|Savings Max Account||Remittance fee + Rs. 25.||Free||Free|
|Regular Savings Account||Rs. 25 + remittance fee||Free||Rs. 150 + Taxes|
|Women’s Savings Account||Same as the above||Free||Rs. 150 + Taxes|
|Senior Citizens Account||Rs. 25 + remittance fee||Free||Free for life time for 1st applicant.
Rs.100 + taxes for other applicants.
|Family Savings Group Account||Remittance fee + Rs. 25||Free||Free for all applicants|
|Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account||Same as the above||Free||Rs.100 + taxes|
|Institutional Savings Account||Remittance fee + Rs. 25.||N/A||N/A|
|BSBDA Small Account||Rs. 25 + remittance fee||Free||Rs.100 + taxes|
At the End
Overall, opening an HDFC Bank Account is not that tough, you just need to be sure about the type of account you are planning to open. Moreover, you would need to be the resident of the country in which you are opening it, that is, India. Furthermore, you can choose any type of the above mentioned accounts and open it. Additionally, HDFC offers a wide range of choices in each category as well with exquisite features added with it. Also, you can apply for it online or visit the desired bank in your area to get a better understanding of it. If you are still not sure about the account you want to open, comment your queries below!
Leave a Reply