The government has recently made it mandatory to link the Aadhaar card with PAN card for the filing of income tax returns. To make it simpler for people to do this, they have introduced a very easy online process. You do not have to login or register on the e-filling website to link your Aadhaar card.
Method 1: Link Aadhaar Card without logging on Income Tax website.
- Log on to the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- Under ‘Services’ on the left-hand side, click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, and name exactly as per your Aadhaar card.
- You are asked to ensure that your date of birth and gender gave under both systems is the same.
- Many people face the problem that there are minor differences in their name under both systems. In such a case, you have to authenticate using an Aadhaar OTP (one time password) sent to your registered mobile number and email.
- In the rare case that your name under both databases is completely different, you will first have to change the name under one of them. Only then will you be able to link them successfully.
- Enter the captcha code, and click on ‘Link Aadhaar‘.
- UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) will verify your details and then confirm the linking.
Method 2: Link Aadhaar by logging in Income Tax Department Website
You can also link Aadhaar card with PAN card after logging in on the Department of Income Tax website. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Register yourself (if you haven’t already registered) on the official income tax e-filing website.
- Login on the website by entering your user ID and password.
- After logging in, a pop-up prompting you to link Aadhaar card with PAN card will appear. If it doesn’t, click on ‘Link Aadhaar‘ under ‘Profile Settings‘.
- Your name, date of birth, and gender will be mentioned as per the details submitted by you when registering on the e-filing website.
- Compare and verify the details on screen with those on your Aadhaar card.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar card number, and click on ‘Link Aadhaar‘.
- A pop-up box will be displayed telling you that it has been successfully linked.
If you have applied for Aadhaar but not yet received it, you need to enter your Aadhaar enrollment number on IT returns. Also, from 1st July 2017, it will be compulsory to have an Aadhaar Card to apply for a PAN card.
Unable to link Aadhaar with PAN
Problem: Aadhaar is not authenticated from uidai. please authenticate your aadhaar by visiting nearest epfo office.
Solution: You need to visit the nearest epfo office or if epfo office is not near to you then raise the issue in EPFO Grievance Cell online.