How to close ICICI Bank account online, Account Closing form & Account closing charges:
Step 1: Before closing your ICICI bank account.
- Reduce your account balance to zero. You can withdraw the funds by using your debit card, by cheque, or by transferring them to another account.
- For backup and security, save a photocopy of your debit card, and first and last unused leaves in your checkbook.
- Note down your account number and customer ID, in case required later.
Step 2: Visit your ICICI Bank branch.
- Go to the branch where you opened your ICICI Bank account.
- Ask for an ‘Account Closure’ form.
- Fill up the ‘Account Closure’ form with your name, account number, contact details, and signature.
- In case there is any balance amount left in your account, choose a method to receive it.
- The different methods available are cash, cheque, Demand Draft, and balance transfer to another account.
Step 3: Submit the documents.
The following documents have to be submitted at the branch for account closure:
- Filled ‘Account Closure’ form.
- Self-attested photocopies of address proof and identity proof.
- Your account checkbook, passbook, and debit card (preferably cut up).
After submitting all the documents, collect the acknowledgment slip.
Step 4: Await confirmation.
- You will receive confirmation of account closure within 10 – 15 days via SMS on your registered mobile number, email, or post.
- If you do not receive any confirmation, call customer care.
These are the main steps to close an ICICI Bank account. To close an ICICI Bank Savings Account or Current Account, you have to visit the bank in person. Currently, there is no option for closing the account online, or by post.
Closing an account is generally a simple procedure. However, if you have any queries or problems, you can contact ICICI Bank customer care.
Customer Care number – 1800 102 4242 (You can call between 9 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday.)
You can submit a complaint to ICICI Bank by clicking here.