Close HDFC bank account : 4 Step Simple Guide
Step 1 : Visit Nearest Branch ( Any Branch )
- You have to reach your nearest HDFC Bank Account or any HDFC brach in your city to close HDFC Bank Account.
Step 2 : Fill Account Closure Form
- After that ask them to give Account closure form.
- You have to fill the necessary details like Name, Address and Account Number.
- You also need to mention the mode by which you want your money (Cash or Demand Draft).
Step 3 : Submit Required Documents
- Then you have to submit your documents like scan/photocopy of you debit card and first and last used check leaves in your checkbook (in case if they ask for any). Some branches might not ask for these documents like in my case they didn’t ask for it.
- Bank will give you your remaining balance in the form of Cash or Demand Draft.
Step 4 : Final Confirmation
- Bank will contact you about the closure of your account via E-mail and your registered Mobile Number as well within 7 working days.
Trying to close Account Online?
It is not possible to close HDFC Bank Account online because your physical presence is required to know your reason for the closure of your account.
To close HDFC Account, we have to go the Branch where we have opened the Account ?
NO, You can go any of your nearest HDFC Branch to close your account.