Post demonetization, people have started using other modes of payment. The cash crunch led to a huge advantage for all electronic payment and e- commerce industries. Among them, Paytm was a huge success and earned unbelievable profits. Paytm is very user-friendly. Born in 2010, Paytm is one of the successful company today.
Let’s know how useful Paytm can be to you.
- No need to carry cash all the time. You can switch to cashless payment.
- Shop for anything and everything on Paytm starting from clothes, electronics, home décor, furniture etc.
- Get great deals and offers when you buy from Paytm. There is a wide range of cashback offers available.
- It is a secure way of transaction.
- You can pay your bills online by Paytm.
- Mobile recharges are also available on Paytm.
- You can also book your bus, train and flight tickets online at discounted rates.
How to use Paytm?
Now that you have created your Paytm account, let’s know how you can use Paytm to maximize its benefits.
For a quick menu, a taskbar is at the beginning of the page. You can find the options.
- Mobile– Recharge for your prepaid or postpaid plans for any known network provider.
- Electricity– Select your state and area. Enter your consumer number to get your electricity bill. Then you can pay the bill online.
- DTH– Recharge your DTH here. You can select your current service provider, enter your consumer ID and payable amount.
- Gold– Buy 24K gold and store it online. You can enter your address to get the gold delivered at your doorsteps.
- Landline– Pay your landline bill by selecting your operator and user ID
- School or College Fees– Enter the name of your college and fees to be paid.
- Datacard– Recharge your datacard by entering your datacard number, operator, and amount
- Metro Card – Recharge your metro card
- Gas, Broadband– Pay your gas or electricity bill by this easy to use the portal.
- Financial service– You can also pay for your insurance and loan online.
You can also pay for toll tags, water bills, challan and municipal payments.
Apart from this, you will find a next taskbar of ‘Book on Paytm’. In this section, you can book your movie tickets, travel (bus, train or flight) tickets, amusement park tickets, hotel reservations, events and apply for various subscriptions.
You can also shop on Paytm in the next section of the page.
You can shop for TV, AC and other electrical appliances. Also, find great deals on smartphones. The clothing section offers a variety of choices for men, women as well as kids sections which can be well complimented by different fashion accessories. You can also shop for home décor.
You can also shop by brands. Find amazing cashback offers on selected products.
Towards the end of the page, you will find an interesting section of ‘deals near you’. It will then show all the restaurant deals and other deals depending on the location.
How Paytm works?
- Once you buy an item, click on ‘buy’.
- Then, it will redirect to your shopping bag page.
- Enter the delivery address towards the right. Save the address and proceed to payment.
- You can then complete your payment by cash on delivery/ net banking/ debit and credit card payment. You can also pay by your Paytm wallet. Enter promo codes if any to get additional discounts on your delivery.
Now that you are comfortable with using Paytm, start right away and switch to digital payment.