The most commonly used methods of transferring funds are NEFT, RTGS, and IMPS. This is because the process for all three is fast, and very simple. You can do NEFT, RTGS, and IMPS online as well as offline. This article covers SBI NEFT charges, SBI RTGS charges, and SBI IMPS charges. It covers when you can make the transactions, and also when they are settled.
SBI NEFT Charges
- NEFT stands for National Electronic Funds Transfer.
- It is one of the most commonly used ways of transferring money.
- The maximum limit for NEFT transactions in SBI is Rs.10,00,000.
|Above Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.2,00,000||Rs.15|
SBI NEFT Timings
- You can initiate NEFT transactions online at any time.
- However, RBI settles the transactions in half-hourly batches. (RBI maintains both NEFT and RTGS systems.)
- On week days and working Saturdays (excluding holidays), there are twenty three settlements from 8 am to 7 pm.
- Hence, for transactions made between 8 am to 5:30 pm on all working days, the beneficiary account gets credited the same day. For transactions made after that, the beneficiary account gets credited the same day or the next working day.
SBI RTGS Charges
- RTGS stands for Real Time Gross Settlement.
- People use RTGS mainly for transactions of big amounts. The minimum amount is Rs.2,00,000. There is no maximum limit.
|Rs.2,00,000 to Rs.5,00,000||Rs.25|
- The above charges are applicable for RTGS customer transactions (R-41) as well as RTGS inter-bank transactions (R-42).
- These charges are inclusive of service tax.
SBI RTGS Timings
- RBI settles RTGS transactions immediately, and individually. It does not club them together in batches.
- The timings for RTGS are – Monday to working Saturday – 8 am to 4 pm (excluding holidays).
- Normally the beneficiary bank credits the beneficiary’s account within two hours of the transaction.
- You can make RTGS transactions only within the given hours. RBI cancels/rejects any RTGS transaction made after the given time.
SBI IMPS Charges
- IMPS stands for Immediate Payment Service.
|Upto Rs.1000||No charges|
|Rs.1001 to Rs.10,000||Rs.1 plus GST|
|Rs.10,001 to Rs.1,00,000||Rs.2 plus GST|
|Rs.1,00,001 to Rs.2,00,000||Rs.3 plus GST|
SBI IMPS Timings
- The SBI IMPS timings are from 8 am to 8 pm. There are no holiday restrictions for IMPS.
- The beneficiary account receives the funds immediately.
To read about SBI minimum account balance rules and penalty charges, please click here.
To read about how to close an SBI account online, please click here.
And to read about how to recover your SBI ATM debit card pin, please click here.
Leave a Reply